Ballots for the Contract Extension will be mailed in the next week. Please return your ballots as soon as possible. All ballots must be received via US Mail by Wednesday, January 19, 2022. If you don’t receive your ballot by day 10 please contact your steward for a replacement.
Author: Micah Gafford
Communications Workers of America District 4 has reached a Tentative Agreement on an Extension of the 2018 Midwest CBA. The TA secures all current contract language and provides the following economic adjustments, as well as keeping Health Care costs in check.
· General wage increase of 11% (11.46% compounded) over the term of the extension agreement; 3%, 3%, 2.5%, 2.5%
· Ratification Bonus $500.00 if ratified by January 20, 2022
· Pension Band increases of 1% in 2023, 1% in 2024, 1% in 2025, and 1% in 2026
· SSP Preserved
· BCB2 for current and new employees.
· Health care plan design, plan rules, and contractual rights continue unchanged.
· Current Cost Share of 29% will remain the same for all years of the extension
· 2018 New Hires are moved to the lower health care rates.
· Current employees that retire during the term of the extension will be treated as active employees.
A contract explanation meeting and Q&A session will be held December 15th 6:30 PM CST at the Union Hall. You should have received an e-mail for a conference number if you are unable to attend in person. If not please contact your local steward.
The Robert D. Johnson Memorial Scholarship Fund, administered by the Cleveland Foundation, is now accepting applications for the 2021-2022 academic year. Application deadline is 5 p.m. EDT, April 15, 2021. Awards will be announced by June 15, 2021.
The fund was established by a unanimous vote at the 1999 CWA District 4 Meeting in memory of District 4 Vice President Emeritus Robert D. Johnson. A random drawing is used to select the scholarship awards. More information is provided on the attached flyer.
Applications must be completed and submitted through the Cleveland Foundation’s Scholarship Gateway site. The website address is: www.clevelandfoundation.org Information on how to apply for a scholarship is at: www.clevelandfoundation.org/scholarships/how-to-apply/